cropped from photo
by John Egbert
Major first-aid remedy for puncture wounds and anti-parasitic
action. Redness with swelling and throbbing pain. Constitutional effects
of wounds. Good follow-up remedy to Arnica.
- Pain- aching under scapula on motion of arm and while walking;
pressing pain in spine on taking a breath in; rheumatic pain in left shoulder;
pain from spinal injuries; muscular rheumatism of especially the right
shoulder worse from movement.
- Lumbago- with aching lower back pain and stiffness after sitting
for a long time, on motion and from rising from a seat; pain in back and
sacrum after rising from a seat and beginning to move; pain is better from
- Stiffness- in the morning on waking; paralysis of back muscles;
also cramps and weakness.
Bites and Stings:
For the ailments from the wounds of animal bites (cats, dogs, rats, monkeys,
etc.) and snakes including poisonous ones; for insect stings of bees, wasps,
mosquitoes, spiders, ticks, scorpions; to reduce inflammation and itching;
Lymes disease; [1st take 1M or highest potency available every hour for
4 doses, then 3 times daily for 3 days.]
Accident, Shock and Trauma:
- Puncture Wounds- especially in soles and palms; needles, pins,
nails and stab wounds from sharp pointed objects; wounded parts become
cold, puffy, pale, mottled, with very little bleeding and are very sensitive
to touch and better from cold applications; to prevent tetanus [take 30c
- Finger Injury- crushed and lacerated finger tips; finger nail
injuries; inflammation from a needle prick under the finger nail; inflammation
of finger bone periosteum; tearing pain in finger joints when moving them;
boring pain in thumb.
- Black eye- contused wound, bloodshot or bruised and caused by
a soft object, with pain in the eyeball itself.
- Spinal Injury- pain; paralysis of back muscles.
Joint, Muscle and Nerve Problems:
Painful, cold or hot, hard and edemic swelling. Pain rises from lower extremities
- Arthritic and Rheumatic pain- starts in lower limbs and moves
upward; especially for small joints pain which are swollen, and stiff;
with numbness and sensitivity to cold, but better putting feet in cold
- Arthritis- with painful nodes in joints of fingers, wrist, hands,
knees, feet , heels, skin over joints with purple puffiness; painful knots
with pinching and cracking; pain starts in lower limbs and moves upward;
especially in small joints which are swollen, stiff, and weary; painful
soles can hardly walk; drawing pain in long bones; rheumatic right hip
and left shoulder; swelling is slight.
- Ankles- swollen; easily sprained ankles.
- Feet- pain in foot when ascending, in back of foot in the evening;
pressing pain in sole on motion and while walking, extending to thigh,
in back of foot in the evening, in inner side; soles are tender and sore
with rawness; boring pain in foot bones while walking and in the morning;
rheumatic pain in big toe and toes with stiffness and inflamed joints;
soreness of feet and heels especially after exposure to cold, worse on
walking; feet feel rigid and stiff in the morning.
- Hip Pain- hip disease in right hip joint; gouty pain; pain standing;
pressing pain of hip and thigh bone, worse from movement.
- Joints- rheumatic pain; drawing pain in joints after wine; swelling
of small joints in feet with heat, but not redness; throbbing pain in right
shoulder, worse from movement and warmth of bed; stiffness, cannot move,
better from bathing in cold water.
- Knee- pain and stiffness on beginning to move, while walking;
rheumatic pain; with swelling and edema; pain extending to hip; tearing
pain from warmth of bed; sore patella while walking; trembling knee while
sitting; worse from warmth, and better from cold applications.
- Wrist- aching especially in the evening while sitting; tumors
of the wrist.
- Gouty Pain- swollen ball of big toe, sore and painful walking,
pain ascends and is worse from warmth, pressure, motion; gouty pain of
hands with swelling.
- Sciatica- left side, from hip to knee, burning pain; coldness
of lower limb; on change in weather; rising from a seat; worse after sleep,
from touch, heat, warmth, walking, motion, sitting, and better lying down,
and from ice applications.
- Weakness- of ankle, foot turns under; weak foot when sitting
and on bending foot; of hands with trembling; hands tremble on grasping
objects; knees terrible when sitting and attempting to walk.
Eruptions like rash and red spots tend to be only on areas that are covered.
Discoloration od skin last a long time after injuries.
- Acne- and red pimples are pustular on the cheeks and small pimples
at root of nose, on forehead and cheeks that sting when touched.
- Eczema- on face which can also look like poison oak; on one
leg; alternating with rheumatism.
- Itching- feet and ankles worse scratching, and from warmth of
- Poison Ivy and Oak- to antidote rhus poisoning.
- Whitlow- from splinters and needle prick under nail; tendons
affected; better from cold applications.
Vaccination and Injections:
- Injections- After affects steroid and cortisone injections.
Jaw stiffness after dental injection of local anesthesia; for puncture
wound from a dental instrument especially if it has not bled sufficiently
and when the site of injury feels cold.
- Vaccinations- acute affects after the injection.